There are many things in life that we have to learn to accept, regardless of whether we like them or not. These include our flaws, regrets and mistakes.
As the year draws to a close, I’d like to come to terms with the things I find difficult to accept so that I can let go of them before the New Year sets in.
You should do the same – free yourself from the things that are keeping you stuck in the past. I’m sure that you can relate to the following affirmations:
- To the voices in your head that tell you that you are incapable of doing something or being someone.
- To the need for validation
- To all the moments that let you down
- To the promises you didn’t keep
- To the self-doubt and the negativity last year brought
- To the times you suffered in silence
- To the people who have turned their back on you
- To the unwanted memory you keep replaying in your head
- To the addictions that drew you away from what was more important in life
- To the idealistic expectations you set for yourself
- To all the words people told you about yourself, the ones that made you love yourself a little less
- To the times you were immature, or out of line, or had no common sense
- To the times you missed someone who didn’t miss you back
- To the trip you didn’t take, or the city you never went to, or the wedding you missed, or the opportunities that passed by you
- To all the flaws you keep pointing out in the mirror and the times you really didn’t like who you were looking at
- To the thought that next year will be the same and that nothing will ever change
To all the wonderful possibilities, dreams, and opportunities that are waiting to manifest themselves in you.
Have a great 2019 everybody.
🍒 Xoxo 🍒